Water Heater Services in Beaumont, Alberta
Because most water heaters are tucked behind walls, in closets, or deep within basements, they are one of the most neglected plumbing components in a home. Many homeowners do not think about their water heaters until things go wrong. Knowing the signs of problems will allow homeowners to understand when they need to call for water heater installation/repair.
Signs of Water Heater Problems
On average, water heaters will last up to ten years as long as they receive regular maintenance. Should homeowners notice any of the following signs, they need to seek professional plumbers for water heater repair.
- Most homeowners do not realize they have a water heater problem until their hot water supply is gone. If a homeowner turns on their hot water and there is none, they need to call a plumber.
- Homeowners may also notice their hot water supply runs out too quickly. In the middle of a shower, the water will go cold if the water heater is impaired.
- Another sign of water heater issues is leaking. A water heater will start to leak when it becomes compromised. Tank or valve damage are two of the most common reasons for water heater leaks.
- Homeowners need to check their water heaters periodically to determine if there are any signs of problems. A tank that begins to swell or sweat needs water heater services in Alberta, Canada.
- Failing water heaters will sometimes make strange noises, such as groaning, clanging, and banging. When homeowners notice these odd sounds, they should report them to a plumber.
- Water heaters in a state of disrepair will also cause energy costs to skyrocket in homes. When a homeowner sees rising energy costs, they should check their water heaters for signs of malfunction.
Water Heater Repair
Water heaters are more likely to break down if they have not received maintenance. When functional issues arise, homeowners should rely on professional plumbers to ensure the repairs are carried out precisely.
While it may be tempting for homeowners to take matters into their own hands, doing so can lead to increased problems. DIY approaches to water heater repair can become dangerous for those who do not have proper training and tools.
A plumbing technician will come out and inspect the water heater to determine the problem. Once the technician discovers the issue, they will report it to the homeowner and offer options for repair or replacement.
Water Heater Replacement
As a water heater ages, it is more likely to begin breaking down. The more a water heater unit breaks down, the less efficient it becomes. Once a water heater reaches this state, it is time for homeowners to consider water heater installation.
Water heaters are more complex than they appear. This is not a job for a novice. Technicians will first remove the old water heater and prepare the area for the new installation.
The technician will bring the new model in and hook up all the connections. Plumbing technicians will work to ensure the water heater is connected correctly and will then test it for proper function.
Water Heater Maintenance Keeps Units Working Properly
Water heaters require maintenance to keep their normal function. Ideally, homeowners should call professional plumbers for maintenance appointments at least once a year. These appointments involve flushing the water heater and ensuring all the hoses and electrical or gas connections remain sound.
Water heater maintenance is one of the most important things homeowners can do to keep their hot water supply reliable. Repair issues are more likely to occur when a homeowner neglects these important chores.
A water heater tank will often begin to degrade when it has not been flushed in years. Homeowners will notice their hot water will become discolored or smelly. The hot water may also have an odd taste.
Schedule Water Heater Services Today
Homeowners need to know the importance of calling for prompt service for their water heaters. Once signs of water heater issues begin to arise, taking prompt action will prevent further damage. Calling professional plumbers for these services is essential. Professionals have the knowledge, training, tools, equipment, and parts to take care of all types of repairs or installations.
Homeowners who have noticed water heater issues should call for an inspection. If the hot water supply is nonexistent, homeowners should rely on emergency plumbers. Here at FreeFlow Mechanical, we provide residential customers with the extensive plumbing services they need, at a fair price. Our team is committed to the highest level of customer service, a mission that has remained important since opening our doors.