Residential Repiping Services in Beaumont, Alberta
Unfortunately, plumbing systems do not last forever. While metal pipes can last up to 100 years, they are susceptible to corrosion and can end up failing after 50 years. Modern PVC, ABS drainage, and PEX water lines is the answer to a healthy home. When problems begin to arise, homeowners need to rely on professional plumbers to take care of their residential repiping needs. With experienced services, homeowners can rest assured their plumbing needs will be handled precisely.
Signs a Home Needs Repiping
When pipes start to wear out, multiple signs may occur. Should a homeowner notice any of the following indications, they need to call a plumber for residential repiping. Repiping is not an easy task. Homeowners should not attempt to replace their pipes themselves. Consider the following signs to know when to call a plumber.
- If a home is older than fifty years, the pipes are growing worn. Galvanized steel and cast iron was the primary plumbing material years ago. In older homes, this steel piping will often begin to break down over time, leading to leaks and other concerns.
- Homeowners may notice their water becomes discolored. Water that has a brownish or reddish coloration could be caused by pipes that are beginning to break down and become corroded.
- Odd tastes and odors will accompany water running through older pipes that need replacing. The pipes could contain mold or rust, and these contaminants can cause discolorations, foul odors, and poor taste.
- Many homeowners do not realize their low water pressure problems can stem from old pipes. Reduced water pressure occurs because of mineral deposits in the lines. Poor water pressure is not only an annoyance. This issue can lead to increased growth of mold and mildew in the line.
- Leaking pipes are common in older homes because the pipes begin to break down over time. As wear and tear occur, breaks in the lines arise and lead to water leaks. Homeowners may not realize they have this problem until their water pressure drops dramatically.
- From 1975 to 1995 a plastic water distribution pipe that was grayish, bluish in color that is called Polybutylene was used as a replacement for copper pipe. In 1996 the manufacturing of Polybutylene (Poly-B) was abruptly stopped due to reports that polybutylene pipes were bursting and causing damage to properties. In the 1980s and 1990s, many lawsuits and a class action settlement were filed over Polybutylene pipes. If you have this type of piping throughout your home, know that you could be at risk of a major flood and 10’s of thousands of dollars of damage. Also, insurance companies can refuse coverage of homes with Poly-B pipe. Best to have a reputable plumbing company replace the poly-b before it becomes an issue.
What Are the Benefits of Repiping?
Homeowners need to be aware of the benefits of residential repiping services in Beaumont, Alberta. The following offers some benefits of repiping so homeowners will feel better equipped to take action for their plumbing needs.
- Repiping offers an upgrade for the plumbing system in a home. Repiping increases the strength and lifespan of the pipes, helping to ensure repair issues are less likely to occur.
- By having their plumbing system repiped, homeowners can rest assured the outdated materials used in the construction of their plumbing system will be replaced.
- Repiping also corrects any water discoloration or low water pressure issues. These issues are more than an annoyance. Low water pressure can lead to health concerns because of mold and mildew growth.
- Repiping offers extensive protection against leaks, giving homeowners peace of mind. Over time, repiping will save homeowners money on plumbing costs.
Call For Repiping Services Today
Dealing with plumbing concerns is something no homeowner wants to face. The older the pipes, the more common the repair issues. Relying on professional plumbers to take care of all repiping needs is essential.
A plumber will come out and inspect the plumbing system. An inspection will reveal problem areas that need addressing.
At FreeFlow Mechanical, we proudly serve homeowners in the Beaumont, Alberta area. For the 22 years since we opened our doors, it has been our mission to offer extensive services, fair prices, and 100% customer satisfaction.